Skip to main content

Is there any way to expedite the petition faster? Or short time not years?

Honolulu, HI |

My husband petition my son as single in 2004. We received a letter to pay for affidavit of support, but my don got married in 2011. Now NVC sent by email to pay $230 for immigration visa for my son and his wife as well as the marriage contract and the naturalization of the Petitioner (my husband). My husband got his naturalization this year April. We submitted all the document by mail, July 12, 2013. What is the next step and how many days, months we're going to wait for approval ? ( from single F2 to married)?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You need to be patient and await further instructions from NVC. Will take about 1-2 months to receive the immigrant visa application instructions (Form DS-230). There is no way to expedite. You are nearing the end after all these years. Be patient. If you get impatient, can always call NVC's public inquiry line. Their operators are very courteous and knowledgeable and will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



My son has multiple entry for 10 years. Can he request to expedite the immigrant visa?


It looks like you are moving forward, but your case is complicated by the parties changes in status, and I recommend that you consult an experienced attorney to make sure everything is on track.


Priority dates cannot be expedited.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.