Skip to main content

Is there any way that I can make my spouse move out if we jointly filed for divorce and house is in my name?

Green Bay, WI |

We recently filed for divorce and my husband has no plans to leave. He has been having an affair for 3 1/2 months now, and does not want a divorce, but will not give up his girlfriend either. I tried to make it work, but I can't, because of him. I owned the home before we were married, and everything we have is in my name. Mostly owned by me well before we were ever married. He has 3 kids that he gets for a week at a time in the summer and he doesn't want to leave because it is an inconvenience to him and his kids. Plus, he will struggle if he has to get a place of his own. Is there ANYTHING I can do???

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce Court orders
Attorney answers 1


I am sorry to hear about your problems. You need to hire a local experienced divorce attorney to represent you. Talk with an attorney about legal steps you could take to have the court order your husband out of the house. An attorney will advise you about whether or not that is possible in your county while the divorce is pending.

Good luck.

disclaimer: Answering this question does not create an attorney client relationship. It is not legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer