Skip to main content

Is there any way for someone to obtain legal citizenship or lengthy visa if brought here illegally underaged?

Portland, ME |

Someone who was brought here at the age of 16 from Brazil, who is now 26, but not with the correct documentation. They were basically raised here, public high school, some college, and the parents no longer reside in this country. How does one apply for citizenship after being brought here then left? Immigration has taken over 10 months to respond to applications, says there are no time restrictions to responding to these type of applications, a real job with potential is needed to make a living but it seems there is no answer to this except go back home and start all over??? Besides marriage please...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Repeat question. Already asked and answered.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You do understand, that simply living in the United States for a long span of time does not allow you to apply for citizenship? You mention that the applications been taking 10 months. I assume that means a daca applications filed last year. That is longer than it should take; contact USCIS customer service. Other than that, it is hard to say what else might help without sitting down for a full consultation.

Using this service does not create an attorney/client relationship and the information posted here is not confidential or privileged legal advice. The answers given here are for general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice.


You asked it before. I told you then, you might be eligible for DACA.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer