Skip to main content

Is there any waivers for a perm bar of admission to US.? I was convicted as a minor and served YA sentence.

Los Angeles, CA |

I was a perm resident via my parents. I attended K - 12 and as a minor was convicted of a aggravated offense unknowingly I was deported and had no clue of circumstances. I later re entered illegally due to sufferings and lack of employment/ food/ housing in order to survive in my country MEXICO. I later was deported again and this time they did say I was to never return . Pls Advice what can be done. All my family ties are in the USA they have tried supporting my situation but have become a burden to them. I have a US born child in the US and has also suffered from my deportation.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

The fact that you've been deported twice (once for an aggravated felony and once for returning to the US illegally after deportation) would make it extremely unlikely for you to return as an immigrant.

However, as my colleagues point out, you may qualify for a nonimmigrant waiver as part of some sort of nonimmigrant visa (student, work, visitor). In that application you would have to provide some extremely strong evidence showing that why your immigration and criminal violations should be pardoned. I won't lie to you - it'll be an uphill battle. You should definitely consult with an attorney to see what your chances would be.

We offer consultations via in-person, telephone, Skype, and email. Contact us today! 713.335.5505 *** *** The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.


Yes, you should be eligible for a nonimmigrant visa with a waiver, or a waiver of the lifetime bar after 20 years outside of the U.S.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


I agree with Mr. Berman.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.