Skip to main content

Is there any tax consequent when a non us citizen, reside in other country, want to give her only property to us citizen?

Pittsburg, CA |

My name is Hengki, I am a US citizen. My very close and childhood friend, Josy, bought a property in Pittsburg, California. Up to now, I live in that property. She herself is not a US citizen or green card holder. She reside in other country. She want to make property gift deed to me. Is there any tax consequent? Where I can get help to make the deed? thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This is a tax question, not an immigration one even though placed in the immigration practice area and tagged as an immigration question. I am therefore changing the practice area and deleting the tag.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You should contact an accountant with that question.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


I agree with my colleagues.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.


You will likely have some tax consequences. The gift is real property in the US from a non-resident and non-citizen. If you dig through the IRS's Code, you will likely find the provisions on taxation of gifts of US real property. If you need help finding those provisions, get in touch with a CPA or tax attorney.

Total Mobility Law is an international law firm that lets companies do global business with the knowledge and confidence they need to comply in any country. Our answers on this site do not constitute legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship. The only thing that can do that is a signed Engagement Letter and Fee Agreement, which you can get by contacting us through