Skip to main content

Is there any lawyers in Colorado that would do a pro - boon for a Dev appeals case ?

Denver, CO |

Its wild question but its work to ask . I have been out of work since 2009 cuss of this mess . I got a DUI in 07 / 08 and had a waler that went to my first div hearings and called me back that day . Said that I need to have a another hearing for a red fl . So I did . I was told i was a tho . I go a DUI and driving on a suspended in 2003 in Cali on a CA FL . I got a CL in 2007 . This stuff was not on my MER Intel I got this new DUI and I have 06 , 07 , 08 mer to show it . OK then in 2010 I got my fl back with the interlock and had to have it inlet 1 / 9 / 14 . My car broke down last year . I call the div and interlock to tell them that I had to scrap the car . Now they said that I tamped with the interlock and can have a fl back inlet 2014 . In losing 9 months of what i did on the interlock . I need help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The first thing you need to understand is that "pro bono" is not a magic incantaction. Just because you learned (almost) two words of latin does not change what you are asking. Have the honesty to say what you mean - you want someone to volunteer to do work for you for free. At least if you put it that way you'll get points for being honest.

Most attorneys cannot afford to perform free work for people who call their office or contact them through the internet. Just like most other working people, most attorneys cannot afford to routinely do work that they don't get paid for.

If you are looking for charity, you should start by contacting Colorado Legal Services. They can screen you for ability to pay and connect you with an attorney who is supported by grants or tax money or refer you to Metro Volunteer Lawyers where lawyers go who are looking to handle volunteer cases. You also might look for an attorney who is willing to help you out with a payment plan or sliding scale if you have difficulty paying for the work you are asking for. However, it is not reasonable to believe that you will be able to walk into any regular business - even a lawyer's business - and receive services for nothing.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.


Mr. Harkness is right - start with a legal aid organization.

Answers are for informational purposes, not legal advice for your specific situation.


I am in complete agreement with my colleagues on this one.

Best of luck.


In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer