Skip to main content

Is there any kind of help for a truck driver, hurt on a jobsite in New York state?

Rochester, NY |

Question: While unloading a truck, with an out of service liftgate. The liftgate was used, the general freight was place on the liftgate. Then lowered, while being lowered the freight toppled down on me. Can I proceed to legal filings? ... .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

You cannot sue your employer but you can file a worker's compensation claim. If there is a third party invovled (ie. someone else owned the truck) you may have a personal injury case.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


You have a workman compensation case if you were injured. You do not indicate what injury, if any, you sustained. There could be a third party case, but there are not enough facts here to know whether that is a claim worth investigating. Good luck.

You should consult an attorney in your State at once. This response does not constitute legal advise outside the State Of Michigan and is not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship with our offices. It is for informational use only of the general laws in the State of Michigan, only. To retain our offices, you need to sign a contingency contract with us. We do offer free consultations and we can refer clients to lawyers in your State if you call us. Visit our webpage and tell us what you think.


You may be eligible for workers comp. And or depends on the facts, you may sue a third party, if one is involved. Consult a local attorney right away.


You may be eligible for NY No Fault benefits which would cover lost wages and medical bills. Speak to a Rochester personal injury attorney at once!


I agree with my fellow personal injury attorneys. Your best option is to hire an experienced truck injury lawyer to represent you and assist you in filing a worker's comp claim. I hope this helps and have a nice day.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer