Is there any free/low income options to file for divorce in Spokane County.

Spokane, WA |

Ive never been in this situation before and I have very little money to get this going. i have no idea where to get started or who to contact. This will not be a messy divorce. My husband will sign the papers, we've already split the property and there are no children involved.Weve aggreed that his debt is his and mine is mine. Please help with advice or direction. Thank you.

Most of the mandatory pattern forms for family law proceedings for WA is free at http://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/ . There are instructions at that site. Click on WA LawHelp for more detailed self-help guides.

Printed blank forms can be bought at the county's superior courthouse for about $30 a package.

Most counties have family law facilitators who help fill out forms for no or low cost. Their offices are usually in the superior courthouses.

Attorneys can help fill out agreed dissolution documents.