Skip to main content

Is there any chance of me getting probation with getting charged with Aggravated battery with a deadly weapon?

Tampa, FL |

This is my first charge as a adult but I do have a juveinille record. The victim and I are also have with a nine month old baby in common. he has not cooperated with any officers. But they have three affidavits and one actual witness. None are willing to go to court but also have the weapon as evidence. The cop tried many tactics to get me and my fiancee to talk against each other but we oth invoked our right to remain silent, even after arrest in the cop car. He also read the waiver to not press charges inncorectly to my fiancee under the influence of medication at the hospital where he later realized it after being reduced on medication Help? I'm not trying to break up my family or go to prison away from my baby.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Hire a criminal defense attorney immediately. The charges are serious and could result in prison time. With that, of course, would come restrictions on your ability to parent.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


There is a chance that you could get the charges dropped, reduced, or get probation instead of prison time. However, you will need to hire an attorney who knows how to navigate the system and negotiate with the State Attorney's Office on your behalf. Hire an attorney ASAP...

Communication of information by or through this web site and your receipt or use of such information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


We have handled many cases like yours that ended up with probation instead of prison. Furthermore in many cases if there is no evidence and the victim wants to drop the case, the charges get dropped. On the other hand the charges are serious and you should seek experienced local counsel ASAP.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.


This charge scores mandatory prison time, even if you have a completely clean record. That being said, a good lawyer should be able to prevent you getting a prison sentence. Be very careful who you hire, and be careful about hiring whoever is the cheapest lawyer



So I shouldnt count on getting probation with a public defender? I also have PTSD if that could play a role in anyway and the fact will tell a jury he provoked me

Roger Scott Jr.

Roger Scott Jr.


You would be best off hiring the best lawyer that you can afford. Feel free to call my office 9-5, at (407)894-0052


There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several that offer free consultation. Hire one that you feel comfortable with and you can afford. FACDL find a lawyer:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer