Skip to main content

Is there an specific document required for Biometrics?

Anaheim, CA |

We filed an application for Authorization employment I-756, but what we need to know, is what type of documentation ID is required. For instance, the USCIS, requires a passport or national photo identification issued by your country, in this case, Can the consular identification card (AKA matricula consular) be a valid document to present at the USCIS for biometrics?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Take a passport to avoid any problems.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree, a passport is better than a matricula.

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


Best to have a passport but a consular matricula is an official document too.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


If your paspport is not available then the consular ID card should be fine. DHS requires a government issued ID.