Skip to main content

Is there a website or somewhere free where a lawyer, ANYONE can help me fill out emancipation papers?

Cartersville, GA |

I need help filling out emancipation papers, because I was told to do this right. Is there a legal website, or anybody who would be willing to help me that trustworthy. Or knows a trustworthy website from experience? Or low cost pay for help? Its serious.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Emancipations are very rarely granted. To be eligible you must be over 16 and show proof of maturity and that you are self-supporting. If you are, that means you have funds to hire a lawyer, and that would be money well spent. You're not going to get emancipated with forms.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.



I'm 17, and yes I pay my own bills, and do my mothers job for her that SHE gets paid 800 a month for. I have just head that a Lawyer is really expensive and I don't understand "how" expensive it is to have one or what it ranges to be. But I have a money, I have money backed up, in case of emergencies, everything. I am ready to take this step.


A website can't go to court with you. You still need a lawyer. And if you can't afford a lawyer, how do you plan to convince a judge that you are financially independent? The fact that you can't afford to do this correctly is evidence that you are not eligible for emancipation.

↓ Mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it. For more information, contact us at or (404) 835-7595. The initial consultation is always free for Avvo users.


The likelihood of getting an emancipation with a lawyer is slim, and without one is absolutely nill. Consult with an attorney to discuss the case in depth and what other options you may have.