Skip to main content

Is there a way to use our attorney for guidance only and go to court without him in Colorado?

Colorado Springs, CO |

Collection case and he has billed tons of hours already and wants another meeting with opposing counsel one week before trial to avoid trial. Understand but believe costs being driven up by his avoidance. Case is pretty clear if he will help us to present. Also has not filed counterclaim per our repeated requests.

+ Read More

Filed under: State court
Attorney answers 3


Perhaps, consider a new lawyer?


An attorney can provide unbundled legal services in Colorado state court. This means that an attorney can be retained just to draft documents and give advice and not to handle the case in court. However, if the attorney has already entered an appearance with the court or filed pleadings, he will have to seek the Court's permission to withdraw in order to avoid appearing for trial.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.


You can hire the attorney for any reason but if you are concerned with the bill I would sit down with the atty to go over it. If you dont like what you hear then hire someone else. I would not suggest going to court without help.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer