Skip to main content

Is there a way to speak to a States Attorney about a case

Deltona, FL |

I was arrestted in Volusia county Fl on a burglary charge which I did not do. My lawyer got it thrown out. On the nolle prosequi letter I got there are to lines:
__ is no longer needed for court and may be disposed of according to law
__ hold for futher court proceedings and or instructions This line was checked
My lawyer said he would fix it and sent me the letter back. The line that was checked was scribbled out and the other line was checked but there where no initials any where stating that the form is correct or was corrected.
Can someone tell me how to find the public defender of my case So I can get this matter taken care of. With out talking to my lawyer. He has been giving me the run around ever since I hired him

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I would strongly urge you to consult with your attorney about the issue. You have an attorney-client relationship that keeps your conversations protected.

If you speak with the State Attorney, you are undermining that relationship and while it sounds like your case is almost done, you could possibly damage what little action remains. Reach out to your attorney again. If he doesn't call you back, write him a letter and let him know how displeased you are and ask for an immediate call back. You are entitled to an answer. Stick with it as you're almost done. Hopefully he will come around and leave you satisfied.

Good luck!

The information provided by me in Avvo forums is not legal advice nor does our communication establish an attorney-client relationship. This is a public forum and any information exchanged herein is not confidential or privileged pursuant to the protections afforded attorney-client relationships. Additionally, your claim may be affected by one or more statutes of limitations. Because your claim and/or rights may be affected accordingly, I urge you to privately consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your state who can advise you of your rights and/or take action, if necessary, to protect those rights. Avvo forums, and the responses provided by attorneys in this forum, including myself should never take the place of a proper face-to-face consultation with an attorney.


I would go back to the attorney who secured the Nolle Pros in your case. He should help you with this since I'm assuming you paid him. You may also check with the clerk of court and see if the case has been closed.


You should never talk to the State Attorney on your own. Too much bad can come of it and rarely any good. Hopefully your attorney will respond to your request soon. It will be worth the wait in the end. Best of luck!

Hayward Dykes Jr.

Hayward Dykes Jr.


Hello, Conerly, Bowman & Dykes is in the process of changing their email domain. Your email has been forwarded to my new address Please update your contact records. Thank you, Hayward Dykes, Jr. Conerly, Bowman & Dykes, LLP & Attorneys’ Title 4481 Legendary Drive, Suite 200, Destin, FL 32541 Phone 850-837-5118 | Fax 850-424-7000

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer