Skip to main content

Is there a way to get house arrest after I violated my parole.

Jacksonville, NC |

I was on intense probation and was violated for missing curfew due to miscommunication between me and my PO. I couldnt fight it so I went to court and was given ten days in jail. I showed up every weekend and did my time. On the last day of my intense probation I did miss curfew and was picked up. I got an attorney and they told me I was facing time. I got scared and when my court date came up I did not show up. I moved to the next town and started saving money for a lawyer. About 5 months had went by when I was picked up and now have court date to determin my sentance for a felony probation violation. My parole officer says they have to refer 16-20 months, which is the remaining probation period I originaly had, and they are going to request to spend that in jail. I have a great job, a pregnant fiance, and a son that I am supporting with no other income. My baby is due in 4 months and this is my first. I am trying to find out if I can request house arrest or even request to finish my probation on intense probation. I am reporting for my court date and just want to know how I can stay home to support my family. I know the decision is ultimatly up to the judge, but we can not afford to hire a lawyer with the baby due to be born soon. I have not committed any new crimes and I am a hard worker supporting my family. How can I resolve this without jail time being served.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I think you asked this question already. You can only be revoked on probation if you have had a new criminal charge/conviction (depending on the county) or if you've absconded, or if this is your third probation violation. Otherwise, the judge can impose, at most, a 90 day CRV.

<a href="">Raleigh criminal lawyer</a> Damon Chetson represents people in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, and the rest of Wake County, North Carolina. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as the specific facts may change the potential advice. Consult with a licensed <a href="">Raleigh criminal lawyer</a> or attorney in your jurisdiction about your legal question or problem. For a free consultation about a North Carolina case, call (919) 352-9411 day or night, any day of the week.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer