Skip to main content

Is there a way I can get supervised visitation on sons grandparents on his father side?

Newark, OH |

I am going to court to get child support from my sons father, he is in the military and his parents want visitation to my son. I do not like the idea of them having my son without me present. They have been very rude to me and done some questionable thing, for example they took my 4 month old son in to a bar, and I do not agree with the life style they have.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Unless there is an order that state otherwise, the grandparents have no rights here. Keep in mind that in the family law world, judges want parents to make sure the best interests of their children are being served.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


If you and the father are married, it's a non-issue. If not, they can seek visitation in Ohio. Doesn't mean they will get it, only that they can try. If that's the case, get an attoreny.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer