Skip to main content

Is there a waiver for claiming false citizenship in 99

Fresno, CA |

wife tried to enter with a false birth certifacte in 99 and was caught i am a citizen and i applyied for her legal entrance to the country in 2001 and was accepted with a k-3 visa when her interview came the lawyer told us to to go because to what happened in 99 can i do anything

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Yes, possibly. The 212)h). The depends on a number of criteria. Do consult an experienced immigration attorney with specifics of your case.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2


I'm afraid that your lawyer may be right.

Keep an eye 'open' for Obama's new Immigration Reform law.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


I would listen to the advice of your lawyer or gat a second opinion if you are not sure.


No. Pre 1996 there is.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


No. I am not aware of a waiver for a "false claim to US citizenship."

This response in no way establishes attorney/client privilege or relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer