Skip to main content

Is there a statute of limitations on a Class A Misdemeanor in the State of Alabama?

Woodinville, WA |

I'm being contacted about something that happened over 12 years ago and involved a BK.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need the assistance of qualified criminal defense attorney licensed and practicing in Alabama to answer this question.


Ask a lawyer in Alabama,

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response to your question is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on Washington law as I am licensed in Washington. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue/matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific legal advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain an attorney. For more information or to hire a lawyer, you can reach my offices at:; 360-647-5251 or at


"Unless otherwise provided, the prosecution of all misdemeanors before a circuit or district court must be commenced within 12 months after the commission of the offense." Code of Alabama 1975, section 15-3-2.

Aaron Lukoff

Aaron Lukoff


Vitaliy, are you a member of the Alabama bar? If yes, then never mind. But if you are not then you should not be giving legal advice on Alabama law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer