Skip to main content

Is there a specific plan that must be followed to re-establish contact and visitation in Nebraska ?

Omaha, NE |

My ex sent a typed letter with a "plan" that I had to follow to speak with my son. It stated I had to write letters for 6 weeks to get one phone call even though she has let me talk to him before without any issues. I did try to follow her plan by sending letters but she would make comments saying that our son wasn't interested and it upset him that I would say "I miss you and love you" in the letters. I offered to just have 10 minute phone calls once a week instead of letters. She stated that her lawyer said that this was always the plan Nebraska uses and she won't compromise. I suspect she is bluffing and that she is may just be trying to manipulate me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Get a lawyer and take her to court to get contact with your son. This is not a plan Nebraska uses.

Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one. We do this all the time, but remember that our time is valuable and you should stay with the people who help you the most.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer