Skip to main content

Is there a maximum amount of continuances that can be requested

Rocky Hill, CT |

Have been in battle with a wealthy adversary and they just request continuance after continuance... Is there a way to block his continuance. Why should civil court not be obligated to the speedy trial same as criminal

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can file an Objection to his Motion for Continuance. Usually the first continuance is granted as courtesy a second is not unheard of. The opposing party should have good reasons for the continuance being requested. You can definitely object and force a hearing.


An objection to your adversary's request for a continuance must be filed. Opposing counsel will be forced to show that the continuance request is being made for some legitimate reason and also gives you the opportunity to voice your position regarding the matter being put over multiple times.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer