Skip to main content

Is there a lawyer willing to take money payments because i already know we need a lawyer and court date is april priors

Dillon, SC |

a week ago my cousin, my sister and i were stopped by an officer. he ask my cousin to get out of the car without telling us why we were stopped. my cousin was not wearing a seat belt, which wouldn't have been a problem if he didn't have 4 grams of marijuana in the car. we were very cooperative and handed everything over immediately and were honest. 1 of the cops began screaming at me bc i was crying and my sister told him to not talk to me that way. then he got in my sisters face and it became a "screaming" match and he said my sister was resisting arrest which she was not she had her hands behind her back and was screaming im not resisting but he kept slamming her against the car (she's5ft 3 135lbs) the cop was 6''2 300lbs she was abused the entire night in jail and had bruises everywhere

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

Many criminal defense attorneys will work out a payment plan for the criminal charge but most will want a substantial amount upfront. If you can't afford a criminal charge I would suggest doing is requesting a public defender.

I generally do not do many criminal cases in dillon. I would consider calling Henry "hank" Anderson in Florence.

However, I would be happy to talk to your sister about a possible civil case she might have against the cop.


Unfortunately, not that unusual. You can use AVVO search to find a local attorney, or if you cannot afford one, each defendant should ask the court to appoint an attorney. You may also want to contact a civil rights attorney about the brutality, but take care of the charges, first. And, stay away from dope and people who have it. It can cause you tremendous problems.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer