Skip to main content

Is there a lawyer out there who wants to take on my case?

Menomonee Falls, WI |

I own 12 lots in the Florida Keys . ( Monroe County ) They are located in a plotted subdivision . The County and State will not let me develop my property . I need a law firm who is experencied in " Land Use and Takings . "

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Because of the way AVVO works, you are asking Wisconsin lawyers. Ask the question again, but this time put the location as being the County Seat of Monroe County, FL.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.


Whether or not a lawyer will accept a case tends to turn on whether the attorney can be paid for his services. This is not always the case (see probono cases) as some attorneys do probono work and there are public interest organizations and law firms that will help the underserved communities across the nation.

That being said, because you own twelve (12) lots and want to develop the property, I assume that you can pay an attorney a retainer and monthly payments. Your best bet would be to google real estate attorneys in your area.

If you need to change the zoning of the area, you might run into serious issues as depending on the state and county you're in, you made need to have your new developments put into the city plan to be approved by the city planner (which could take several months and includes substantial costs).

Hope that helps.


As the first responder indicated you need to make sure you are getting local representation in Florida, and perhaps even from the area of Menomonee Falls.