Is there a HERNIA Mesh Lawsuit/Class Action in Georgia ?

Atlanta, GA |

March 2012 I had a hernia operation on my lower left side of my stomach, a Parietex POC Mesh and /or Ventralight Patch(possible RECALL) was implanted. A few months ago, in September 2013, I had an emergency Appendectomy(right side), the Doctor said that I had a extensive amount of adhesion of ometum and small bowel to the abdominal wall, a obstructive bowel. The Cecum, the terminal ileum and a loop of small bowel was all fused together. This is what my report from this last operation saids. I presently have a copy of the reports of both surgeries and the implant(s) number. Not sure if I have a case or not, please help.

Best Answer

Our firm litigates these types of claims. There are strict statutes of limitation that can damage a case if a person delays but sometimes these statutes of limitation are not as clear as it might seem. I would certainly be willing to discuss your case with you but whether you talk to us or another firm that handles federal mass tort medical product defect litigation I would recommend that you speak to someone sooner rather than later. The MDL (Multi-District Litigation) is handled by federal courts nationwide, but generally uses state laws to determine things like statutes of limitation.

I know that there have been many mesh cases involving Kugel mesh. You should google your mesh and I guarantee the firms handling those will pop up on your screen, if they exist. If not, you may want to search for a product lawyer on this site.

An internet search will probably give you the answers you are looking for.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.

You need to locate attorney who specifically handle these type of medical product defect cases.

There may be. Best to Google it.