Is there a fine for a moving violation ticket ?

Wilmington, NC |

i was in a accident april 6th and i received a ticket for a moving violation . they keep giving me different court dates . my third apperance is next friday . what will the consequence be if i havent paid for the damage to the other victims insurance ?

You will probably just be assessed court costs (about $200). You should bring some proof that damages have been paid or showing that an agreement exists between you or your insurance company and the other party. In particular, a letter from the other victim's insurance should be made available. What the judge can do is hold the case open until payment is made, or the DA can request a continuance to give you time to pay off the damages. Your lawyer will be able to directly go over your particular situation.

Any information is provided for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship exists between any person reading this information. No warranty, express or implied is provided. If you have a legal matter is important to contact an attorney who is licensed in your state. Many attorneys provide free initial consultations.

can i just pay the court costs and be done with it ? i have tried several times to reach the other parties insurance provider to make payments and they still haven't returned my calls yet .

Anthony James Cuticchia Jr.

Anthony James Cuticchia Jr.

Depending on the exact charge, your lawyer may be able to be present on your behalf. There are many good traffic lawyers in your county. I would start there.

the charge is unsafe movement . The officer on the scene told that was the lowest charge he could give me .

Anthony James Cuticchia Jr.

Anthony James Cuticchia Jr.

Call an attorney who handles traffic tickets, they will be able to help out. Call one who practices in the county.

ok thank you

The answer to this questions greatly depends on the individual facts of your case and the county in which you are charged. It may be worth speaking with a local attorney prior to your next court date. Often, the District Attorney will dismiss a charge stemming from a minor accident if one can provide proof that your insurance has paid the claim or that no claim was filed. Contact your insurance agent and ask for proof of any claimed paid or a letter stating that a claim has not been filed against you.

www.steadmanparrotte.com

You really need to call your insurance carrier to get proof that your insurance company is going to pay for the damages or a letter that a claim has not been filed against you. I recommend that you hire a lawyer. A lawyer can help you get a dismissal of your case. A moving violation could get you points on your license and skyrocket your insurance costs.