Skip to main content

Is there a complaint form somewhere on line for getting ripped off by my employer

Toledo, OH |
Attorney answers 4


Call the dept of labor in your state they will help you with your claim.

NO LEGAL ADVICE GIVEN. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship set forth in a written document executed by the client and by me or a member of my firm. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. My law firm does NOT provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your case. I can give advice, make recommendations and answer specific questions only after reviewing the evidence and documents applicable to a specific client and following a personal meeting in my office in which the relevant facts can be developed and analyzed. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal administrative law; professional licenses and permits; education law; employment and labor law; and litigation matters in state and federal courts. Our practice is limited to the States of Oregon and California. If you have a case in any other state we would not be able to assist you. Unless we have a signed written fee agreement you are not my or my firm's client.


Pursuant to federal and state law in Ohio, you are to be paid time and a half for any week in which you work more than 40 hours in that given workweek. For instance, if you work 46 hours in one week and 34 hours in the second week of the pay period, you would have earned 6 hours of overtime pay during the first week.

I encourage you to contact an employment attorney immediately to fully discuss this matter further. Many employment law firms, including my office, will speak with you free of charge.


Matthew J.P. Coffman

This information above is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you have questions about your individual circumstances, please consult with an attorney. Please feel free to contact the firm. However, contacting the firm does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Are you an hourly employee? Do you know if you are classified as "non-exempt" under the FLSA? You should contact an employment attorney to discuss this. I agree with Matt's answer. You should be paid at least one and one-half times your hourly rate for all hours worked over 40 hours in a single workweek, with limited exceptions. An employment attorney can help you figure out the best route to take here. Most employment attorneys offer free consultations. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.


The Ohio Department of Commerce enforces violations of Ohio's wage and hour laws.

My responses/answers are not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as such. The purpose of my responses/answers are solely to provide help and guidance. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be established nor is one established by virtue of my responses/nswers.