I have primary immune deficiency, so no immunity and life threatning allergies including mold. In a bag of Cheetos I discovered a block & fragments of solid mold. I accidently consumed fragments of the mold. This closed my breathing and caused infections to occur. I needed immune globulin injections to counter the effects. If I'd eaten more I may have died due to my severe mold allergy. I almost needed an epinephren injection. Mold consumed by the healthy is dangerous, but without an immune system it can be deadly. Frito Lay stated this was a serious processing error. Instead of taking the bags from the store off the shelf they put them on sale. They put my life at risk and the lives of young children, elderly and those like me. I shouldn't be afraid to die from a bag of chips.
Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.