We'll help you find the right solution for your needs
Does this sound like your topic?
I purchased a vehicle through Drivetime...a last chance credit buy here pay here sorta place. Anyway, I thought it was my only option considering my not so great credit. The sold me a 16,000 dollar car with 17.32% interest making a 2006 suzuki forenza 24,000+ I have never bought a car before, never had a credit card, I had no idea this was a TERRIBLE INTEREST RATE The same night i found out from a friend of mine that I could be approved through her credit union for an 18,000 loan at 9 percent and could purchase a brand new car. I went in the next day, got approved for the loan, and EVERYONE i spoke to (friends, family, etc) said that dealerships have to take cars back within 3 days of purchase, something about the contract not being valid until then. So, i went ahead and purchased a car that day (day1 after buying the first car) that same day I called drivetime (day 1) and got stonewalled....I got told that the loan officer who processed my loan was off for the next 2 days and there was absoultely no one else who could help me with this.I even went INTO the office on day 2 to speak to a manager, who wouldn't even see me. I called the 1800 customer care who told me the same thing. If I had waited to speak to my loan processor it would have been outside of my 3 day window. Anyway, so a friend of mine said she would take the car, pay for it and that would be that. It seemed like my only resolution, and so I did it. I procrastinated writing out some sort of written contract for the 2 of us to sign to make her legally obligated (i am so full of mistakes here) and 4 days ago she brings the car back to me and says (after driving it for nearly a month) that she cannot pay for the car she has to have surgery and will be out of work for 2 months and cannot afford it. So, here I am with 2 cars, unable to afford to pay for both. I realize my mistake was purchasing the new car before making sure drivetime would take my car back, and then not further pushing the issue with drivetime when my friend offered to buy the car. Anyway, I'm thinking my only optino here may be voluntary repo to drivetime,...and I don't even know what kind of lawyer to contact to see if I have any other options.