Skip to main content

Is their time limit on revisiting U.S.? I was here on b1-b2 visa in November 2012 and left on March 2013. I would like to return

Hammond, IN |

I would like to revisit family in June 2013 this year, will I be able to return for six more months, all my paper work is in order, will I have any problems coming back to U.S. I';m from Philippines and have ten year visa, I spent five months in U.S. two months in 2012 and three in 2013

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You must be a high net worth Phillipino to have been issued a 10 year B-1/2.. or you knew someone on the inside at the Manila embassy?

Getting serious now, I don't think you'll have any problems. The cumulative time you spent in the U.S. is nearly nothing compared to what others (of all nationalities) spend.. and still manage to get admitted again.. Especially if you are over 55 and not perceived as someone who is coming to work..

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


The CBP officers say they look at each case on its merits but there seems to be an unwritten rule not to exceed six months in the U.S. during the previous 12 months. Burden is on you to show you are only staying long enough to fulfill the purpose of your visit and more importantly prove you intend to return.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law


I would argue you should not.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.



why would you argue?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal


Read the post. It explains why

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer