Is the USCIS case status check down online?

I'm trying to check on my states and it's not working? Is the system down?

It frequently is and is also updated erratically at best and constantly lags behind.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

it not always up to date or so I was told by them (if you insert your case number and it can't find it)

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Even when it is 'up' it isn't accurate. Don't try to rely on it for anything more than verification that they received your papers ... and that the case is complete.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.