Skip to main content

Is the RN or the police officer supposed to shake vial after DUI blood draw?

Hermosa Beach, CA |

Does Title 17 specify who is required to mix the anticoagulant and the blood before analysis?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It does not. It does not specify.


The law is silent on shaking or or who can shake. It simply provides that the blood shall be mixed with an anticoagulant and a preservative. However if your police officer did the shaking, you can go ahead and object and move to exclude and see if you can convince a Judge that that is part of the collection and therefore requires a person authorized by Section 13354 of the Vehicle Code; in this case the nurse.


What difference does it make?



Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer