Skip to main content

Is the rehab center liable where my father slip and fell and broke his fumor? He end up having a hip replacement.

Arvin, CA |

My father recently had a stroke which partially paralized his left side. The hospital discharged him to a nearbye rehab center where he continued taking his medication and start seen a physical therapist. Later on he started walking with a hemiwalker at the rehab center and was about to be discharge. However three days before his discharge date, he fell and broke his fumor. The ampulance took him back to the hospital and end up having a hip replacement by orhopedic. The surgeons recommend that he should go to a slow paste rehabe center for six weeks, then go back to the previous rehab center where he fell for extensive rehabilitation. However, they refuse to admit him there. Your advise is requested and appreciated. The surgeon said my father will always have to use the hemiwalker.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Whether or not the rehab center is liable in any way for the fall would require a review of all of the records, particularly the physician's orders. In order to have a case, you need to establish negligence, essentially that your father's care in some specific manner, fell below the duty of care that the facility owed to your father. Again, the question can't be answered unless all of the records are reviewed in detail. I would be doing you a disservice to speculate whether there is a case based on the posted summary.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.


These claims are very fact-specific, so nobody can tell you whether it is probably a good claim or not without looking into all the facts. Find a good medical malpractice lawyer in your area for a consultation. Such consultations are almost always free of charge. Don't try to get the records yourself.


Based on the information you provided, it is impossible to tell if your father may have a claim for his injury. Much more information and a review of the records would be necessary to determine liability. Contact a lawyer in your area to discuss the case further.


it is difficult to accurately evaluate your case based on the information provided. slip and fall cases or not as easy as sustaining an injury as a result of a slip and fall. it is best to contact an experienced attorney who can evaluate all the facts to help you determine your next best course of action. I recommend calling an attorney for a free consultation


This would depend upon what caused the fall and whether or not it was attributable to negligence on the part of the rehab center. Please feel free to call me for a free consulation on this issue so that I can discuss the facts further with you. 866-229-0101.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer