Skip to main content

Is the police in NY allowed to see someone naked when the person is not been arrested

New York, NY |

I was forced out of the apt I had been living in for many years because the police claimed it was "illegal apt". I didn't get any prior notice that I was going to be removed from my apt that day. They insisted on seeing me naked because they they claimed they feared for their safety. I wasn't of any threat to them. I have witness. I also experienced many things which I feel violated my rights. I need legal advice and would like to know the statute of limitation for this type of case in federal court. I can be reached through :

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You asked this already. See the previous answers.


I doubt the police had a basis to make you strip. You need to file a Notice of Claim with the City within 90 days of the incident to protect your State law rights and you need to file a law suit within 1 year and 90 days of the incident after complying with the Notice of Claim requirements. There are probably federal claims too. Do you have any corroboration that you were forced to strip? If so, I handle these civil rights cases.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Were you already naked and asked to come out of a room or did they make you remove your clothing? There is a big difference. Was anyone arrested?

All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication. For a privileged private consultation, contact me at 212-385-8600 or via my website