Skip to main content

Is the CIV-100 request for entry of default the right form?defendant did not answer service of lawsuit.

Sun City, CA |

fraud case 2 defendants did not answer lawsuit served after 40 days. is this the right form to serve and file with clerk of court? karole

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes, and you should follow the court's checklist for getting a default entered. Don't forget to make sure that your proofs of service are filed.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer