Skip to main content

Is settling for $56,000 to close my workers comp claim and future medical care fair?

Salinas, CA |

I have a 38% permanent disability and future medical care as stated in the QME report. I have cervical, thorocic, and lower back pain. In the future medical care I get up to 18 ostepathic physician visits per year. And I get to see a pain management physician to get medication for my back pain. The DWC disability evaluator stated I should get 187 weeks of ppd payments in compensation for my injury. I get $230 per week. For a total of $43,010 in ppd payments. The workers comp adjuster has made an offer of $56,000 to close future medical care and claim. The adjuster wrote that is the most she could offer.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I would srongly urge you to talk to a calif wc attorney. I would be reluctant to settle if you have no other means to pay for the treatment because there may be more than what she is saying they will pay for. What if the dr said you needed something else? Right now they would have to pay for it. They already owe you the 44000 so she is really jusy offering 12 to settle.


I AM a California Attorney, and I represent Employers. I think that 56,000 is a great deal, but if I actually cared about you I would recommend that you run your QME report past a Certified Specialist in WC before you accepted anything. Brett Borah is the smartest Attorney I know within 100 miles of Salinas, and you would be in very good hands if he accepted your case. He is #2 on the AVVO All-Time Leader Board for helping people like you, has a 10.0 AVVO Rating, and is loved by children and small animals everywhere he goes. Brett is a Certified Specialist in WC, but has so many other Super-Star awards that he does not even have space to list it on his AVVO Profile. If I had an ounce of compassion, I would strive to be like Mr. Borah.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.


I'm too embarrassed to say much after Mr. Corson's post. But you really should be talking to a workers' comp specialist before you do anything. Closing out your medical care is a big step and you don't want to do anything that would come back to bite you in the future. Initial consults are almost always free so you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by talking to one of us.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer