Skip to main content

Is sending unwanted nude pictures a crime?

Irvine, CA |

Someone sends me hundreds of emails a day telling me she loves me and wants to marry me. About half the emails have nude pics in them. How can I stop her?
I met her once, 20 years ago, and she lives in a different state, but she has my wife terrified that this obviously unstable person will stop at nothing to be able to marry me!
She hasn't made threats, but talks constantly about marrying me, refers to my wife as my "ex", and sends all sorts of nude photos! I have told her repeatedly to stop and that I'm not interested.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Sounds like harrassment. Have you tried blocking her emails and her calls? If that does not stop her, then I would speak with a lawyer about obtaining a civil harrassment order. This does not sound like an emotionally well or stable person and it also sounds like she will not listen to reason. You certainly have good reason to be upset and so does your wife.

My suggestion would be to keep the emails, photos and any other evidence in a folder so you have evidence in case you have to obtain a civil harrassment order.

I'm sorry that you're going through this.

My office does handle cases like this in Orange County and does offer free consultations. I would be happy to speak with you about it. My office telephone number is (866) 402-4038.


I definitely agree with Ms Johns that this person is unstable. The Pix of her, depending on the nature could be criminal as well as the downloading and storing of them. for that portion of this problem, suggest that you contact a criminal attorney who handles federal matters as well as state matters in regards to sex/pornographic material.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


Where does this person reside? What state? Regardless the sending of unwanted and harassing emails and photographs is harassment and is illegal in most states. Additionally, this is occurring across state lines so it is a federal offense. Contact FBI after you have spoken with a criminal defense attorney who is well-versed in federal law. You can also sue the offender for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress and seek a Restraining Order.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at



Thank you. She is in New Mexico and I am in California.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer