Is robbery by force considered a violent offense even without a weapon

Columbus, GA |

In California any felony crime that involves force is typically a violent felony. I would suggest we wait and hear from a Georgia attorney in regards to a specific answer to your question.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

Yes robbery is considered a violent offense.

Darrell B. Reynolds,
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
Decatur, Ga. 30033
404-636-6616

It's not one of Georgia's "Seven Deadly Sin" offenses, if that's what you mean.

↓ Mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it. For more information, contact us at www.SteakleyLawFirm.com or (404) 835-7595. The initial consultation is always free for Avvo users.

It is a crime of violence to rob someone, even without a gun. However, it is not considered a "serious violent felony" for purposes of enhanced punishment. The punishment for robbery by force is 1-20 years.