Is pti only available to residents of NJ?

New York, NY |

arrested in NJ but live in NY...charge is 2C:35-10A (1)

This has nothing to do with New York law; I suggest you consult with a New Jersey criminal attorney and/or post your question in the New Jersey Avvo page if you have not already done so.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

I am an attorney licensed to practice law in both New York and New Jersey. PTI is short for Pre-Trial Intervention. Pre-Trial Intervention is available to residents of other states besides New Jersey.
PTI allows a person charged with a crime to enter into a diversion program with out pleading guilty and getting a criminal record. There are usually several conditions of PTI. In all matters that PTI is granted the person must stay out of trouble for a period of time.

Good Luck-

Note: For informational purposes only. Seek an in person consultation with an attorney to be informed about all of your rights.