Skip to main content

Is Naturalization possible after Denaturalization?

Elk Grove, CA |

I was convicted of money laundering and fraud while a naturalized US,. I was subsequently denaturalized for not voluntarily confessing my crime at my naturalization interview even thought I was arrested for the first time 6 months after this interview.
I was later deported but won my petition for review on appeal because I was not "an alien" at the time of conviction as required by statute. I was later returned back to the US by DHS after over two years abroad. How can i apply for Naturalization again? And can l be considered inadmissible upon return if l travel outside the US ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


The answer depends on much more information than provided.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Not the kind of question to try to solve online. Schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


The simple (and quick) answer Is "no". But spend a few hundreds of dollars to privately consult with a lawyer on Skype.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues, not possible to answer in a limited forum like this. The answer will depend on facts and circumstances which are unclear from your question. Seek legal help with an excellent immigration attorney immediately.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.


A good time to call an immigration lawyer

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630


Prudent to get an immigration lawyer


Very interesting fact pattern. I hate to sound like a broken record, but speak with an attorney so you can lay EVERYTHING out, and more important, have the right questions asked.

Thomas J. Baker
Sacramento Immigration Attorney

Law Office of Daniel M. Wigon - 916-447-8975. This should not be taken as legal advice. Consult with a local attorney before making a decision that could adversely affect your rights.