Skip to main content

Is my license suspended?

Riverview, FL |

I recently had a accident. I was taking to the hospital. At the scene one of the officers asked for my driver license and never gave them back. Why did he do that? Did he possibly forget to give them back?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


It is possible that he forgot to give it back. Call the police station and see if they have it or if they mailed to to you.


Call and ask why your license was not returned. Do not give any statements to the police without first talking to an attorney. Make sure you report the incident to your insurance carrier.


You could simply contact the police department and ask them why they retained your license.

View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference


Call the officer.


Is it forged? Does it belong to someone else? Call the officer or the police department and ask.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website


Call the officer and see if he still has your license. If you have any issues give me a call for assistance. Best of luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer