Skip to main content

Is medical negligence when Dr. gave you innumerable diseases

Newark, NJ |

can i sue a Dr.for given me innumerable diseases that i have never had and never complain,i saw the Dr.for minor pain, sometimes i just went to pick documents but in order to get paid give me diseases
Can i sue for mental anguish because is affecting me emotionally,

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


It's not really possible to give you a helpful answer as your posting doesn't tell us what diseases you are talking about or how the doctor may have exposed you to the conditions. However...generally, yes, you may sue a physician for negligence. And yes, mental anguish is a permissible category of damages for which you may sue (in addition to medical expenses incurred, pain, disfigurement, physical impairment, lost wages, etc.)


Duplicate posting.


Need more information in order to advise you.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


The information you provide is prety sketchy. But, as a general rule, if the physician deviated from accepted standards of medical care and that deviation caused injury to you, you can sue. Mental pain and suffering is a category of damages that New Jersey recognizes. You really need to get your medical records and speak to an experience medical malpractice attorney in North Jersey. If you contact me by email, I can give you a couple of names.

A response to a question posted on Avvo is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is informational only. Allan E. Richardson, Esq. Richardson, Galella & Austermuhl 142 Emerson ST., Woodbury, NJ 08096 856-579-7045.


Based on the limited information, you may be able to sue, but you have to prove it... and that could be very difficult.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.