Is it worth the time to sue a restaurant over false advertising?

Davison, MI |

I recently went to taco bell and ordered a 12 taco box. On the drive through sign as well as the indoor sign it said the box was $ 1.2.99. At the time of purchase I pointed out the error and that it costs $1.2.99 or ($1.21) and the cashier took notice. But the cashier ignored me and charged me the full price anyways. I have the receipt as well as indoor and outdoor pictures of the sign.

Best Answer

Probably not. But you may consider a complaint to the attorney general's consumer fraud unit to report the unfair trade/business practice. Best wishes.

Given the cost of the litigation I do not think hiring an attorney, paying the court's costs and fees, personal time and productivity lost would be worth the $11 potential recovery.
If you wish to undertake this as a matter of your principal, and at your expense, please call.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

I agree as the other individuals have replied. The return on this is minimal in relation to the costs of filing the action and litigating it. However, a well worded complaint to their online form, http://www.tacobell.com/portal/site/tacobell/account/template.CONTACT_US, may gain you satisfaction in the form of some food credit or reward.

So there is no misunderstanding, this answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and you cannot presume that I am your lawyer or that my advice can be relied upon in any way other than for information only. You will not become my client unless and until you sign and retainer agreement.