Is it true that political crisis and social crisis can be used as Level 1 arguments for the I 601 waiver?

Houston, TX |

I, the US citizen live in my spouse's country and I'm soon going back to USA. We have four medical extreme hardships we're going to use and huge financial hardships as well as many other arguments supported with documents. I'm wondering if the political and social crisis in the country is considered as something big? The government of the country also resigned and people have been protesting for almost a month. I want to file the waiver from abroad because of some considerations.

Filed under: Immigration

Well worded question. Very impressive. Yes it is true.

Thank you.

Are these reasons strong for an expedite?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

IF combined with other reasons they may be.

Yes, country conditions may be used as one of the factors to prove hardship.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

The important thing to remember about the waiver is that the hardship has to flow to the qualifying relative (with certain exceptions). In the present case it is not clear what exactly your ground of inadmissibility would be, but generally remember the extreme hardship must be shown to relate to the US citizen spouse or relative. In this case, since you are speaking about medical issues you may use the specific social/political situation in the home country especially in the event it impacts your medical issues/access to treatment etc. Seek excellent immigration attorney to help you with waivers.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see my profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

I agree with my colleagues.