Skip to main content

Is it still possible to have a family member committed to a psychiatric evaluation? He needs psychiatric help and everyone

Ceres, CA |

knows it but him. He is 62 years old and would not ever agree to an evaluation. He has an agenda with me for some reason and can be very vindictive. I am his sister who is 12 years younger than him. I hardly knew him or my older sister growing up since I came along much later. I never realized until recently, just how much he has always hated me. I am now 51 and I live and care for our mother who is 90 years old. I live with her and have been hearing some disturbing things coming from my brother. He is living in a condemned house that my mother holds the mortgage on. It has been in forclosure for the past year. He received a 10 day vacate notice last june and nobody followed up

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can seek and involuntary conservatorship. The days of a doctor's letter and off the person goes are gone. Your facts above do not give anthing but conclusions to analyze.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer