Skip to main content

Is it safe to fill a new Green Card process with current company while exist PERM with previous company is in audit?

Redmond, WA |

Dear Sir/Madam,

My previous company has been merged with my current company. My Green Card process was started before it merged. Currently, my PERM is requesting for evident.
My HR prepare to fill a new process for me that sponsor by current company.
Is it safe to do that? Will it be problem later on?

Best regards,

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration Green cards
Attorney answers 4


Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Do not, I repeat, do NOT take legal advice from non-attorneys in HR.

Insist on talking to the company's immigration attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


It may be a problemif htere is the same tax id.



Do you mean company's tax ID?

Karen-Lee Pollak

Karen-Lee Pollak


Yes company tax id. You really need to consult an experienced immigration attorney


Speak with company's immigration attorney

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer