Skip to main content

Is it safe to exercise First Amendment freedoms, without a protective order, given the following facts in corrupt Kentucky?

Bardstown, KY |

I had to file a suit against a county attorney for refusing to allow me to protest a business. The business owner runs the very rural county for is rich and politically connected. The federal judge denied a temporary restraining order alleging that there was no requisite irreparable harm. I then found law that "The loss of First Amendment freedoms, for even minimal periods of time, unquestionably constitutes irreparable injury." 427 U.S. 347, 373. As it was over six weeks when the judge denied me a restraining order he was doing wrong. He has stated that there is a claim under 42 U.S.C. Section 1983. But he refuses to provide a protective order. I am 72 years, and don't want to be further brutalized. It is now safe to protest? What best to do, as the county is corrupt and brutal?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to consult with an expereinced attorney and have him/her review the file and your objectives. This forum can not address this matter, it is too complicated. Good luck in locating an attorney to advise you.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


You are 72, trapped in a corrupt jurisdiction, and you don't want to be brutalized? In that case, you need to be seeking your legal analysis and advice by a far more risk-averse and comprehensive method than can be available to you in a free Q and A on the internet. Talk with a lawyer asap.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall


Ma'am, I received your voicemail, but I am in California. I am not licensed to practice in your state and I am not there to engage on your behalf. You need to speak with a local civil rights attorney. Try these as a starting point, but be prepared to need second or even third-level referrals:


You need to consult a local attorney on this. Too many variables for an accurate answer on this forum.


Depends on what you mean by 'safe'.
Contact a civil rights attorney in a jurisdiction sufficiently far from your county to be outside the influence if this family.

FWIW, litigation is a brutal, unpleasant, stressful series of actions and maneuvers; you cannot expect to fight the good fight without going through further 'brutalization'.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer