Skip to main content

Is it possible to sue CPS and win? Are there any attorney's in Sacramento truly willing to fight?

Sacramento, CA |

Is it even possible to sue AND WIN? When my grandsons were removed several years ago CPS wrote in Court documents the grandmother was a stalker, a drug addict, and physically abusive among other things. None of which is remotely true. They had to do something to make sure they got the money for the baby who was abused(NOT by me) and adopted. My other grandson is in the system only as collateral damage. I have been searching for an attorney for 2 years that is willing to truly fight CPS. I want my name cleared. The lies told are the only reason my grandson is not out of the system. I passed all their tests and classes. I may not ever see him til he ages out but if I can help other children and families I would be happy. More than anything tho I want my name cleared.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you have been searching for an attorney for two years about actions by a State agency done "several years ago," it is almost a certainty that any legal claim will have problems re the statute of limitations. But you should talk with a civil rights attorney for a full and reliable analysis.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.



Thank you for your answer. Parental rights were taken a little over a year and a half ago. I had not thought of a civil rights atty.


I agree with Ms. McCall any claims that you may have had may now be moot due to the Statute of Limitations. There is really not enough facts for me to give an informed response. Have you spoken to other attorneys?

Note this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on. Each situation is fact specific and court specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer