Skip to main content

Is it possible to reverse an uncontested divorce decree in CT?

Stamford, CT |

My husband and I got divorced last week and have now decided to reconcile. We have no children and divorced keeping our own assets and debts. Our preference would be to keep our original wedding date.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I also suggest you look seriously at why you two got divorced in the first place and then why you want to reconcile. This seems like it might be a rocky relationship. In any event, there may be a way to vacate the judgment, but you do need to speak to an experienced family law attorney.

Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 242-2221 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no specific action should be taken in reliance thereon. No attorney-client relationship is created through this response. You should speak to an licensed attorney in your state who is competent to answer your question before taking any action with regard to this question.


It may be. You should consult a qualified attorney as soon as possible. Time is a factor.


You may be able to vacate the judgment.