Avvo Questions & Answers

Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.

Question

Is it possible to get my husband to put in writing that he will not request half of the tax refund I will get this year even if

My husband and have been living separately. He lived with me for atleast six month of the tax year so this should allow us to file together. He has no income as he receives ssi. He has agreed to signing to the tax documents as a married couple .im afraid that he may ask for half however at time of divorce when I do file for it this spring.Is there anything I can do that may help me with that. I do not think he even deserves it at all. We were only married for two yrs. He has not seen nor supported his daughter in about 7 months. Not one attempt such as trying to get a court order or taking himself down to the child support office to set up payments which I know a father can do if he wants to make sure that I get payments so he can cover himself with that.

| | 2 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer

Sponsored Listings

Loading content