Questions & Answers
Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.
Question

Is it possible to get a loan modification while currently in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy? I have veteran’s status, no disability.

Home value: $180k 1st mtg: $250k @6.82% 6mos adj 2nd mtg: $ 42k – $ 62k @9% We are current with our CH13 plan and have about 11 pmts left. We pay our first mtg outside of our CH13 plan pmt and are 3 – 4 mos behind. Our 2nd mtg is included in our CH13 pmt plan covering both current monthly pmt and arrears accrued prior to filing CH13. One of our credit reports shows the 2nd mtg as charged off and I have verified that the CH13 pmts are going to a collection agency but Chase has recalled the loan in the past when we considered attempting a loan mod. This is why I am unsure of the 2nd mtg balance. Collection agency says all pmts they collect are applied directly to principal but Chase rep says we still owe the interest. Chase has not issued a 1099 for the past 4 yrs.

| 4 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer
Answer
Answer
Sponsored Listings