Skip to main content

Is it possible to file a lawsuit against the pharmacy and the hospital?

Chicago, IL |

A year ago my grandmother sent my uncle to a large supermarket chain to fill a prescription, my uncle looked at the pills, and told the pharmacist this was the wrong pills, he helped my grandmother with her medication and saw her take them daily, the pharmacist argued that it was the right medication. My uncle to the medication back to my grandmother and she immediately said it was the wrong medication, this made her very upset due to them giving the wrong medication and my uncle letting them it was wrong, she walked up to the pharmacy and had a stroke before entering the store. From their she was hospitalized she could no longer speak, but was able to write down things, she was alert in the hospital, the hospital decided to start dialysis treatments the first time they tried they had to s

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


We don't know a lot of the facts we need to know in order to answer a question as to whether there is a valid feasible claim. The only way to know is to consult with an attorney in yourjurisdiction to review more details.

I will point out that pharmacy negligence does occur. Here's more:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


Answered in another post. Again, sorry for your loss.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


More information is needed. Have a lawyer in your city investigate.


Yes, but the facts must be on your side to do so. Consult with an experienced malpractice attorney in your area. They will be able to tell you if you have a claim that should be reviewed by the appropriate medical expert.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer