Skip to main content

Is it possible to cut my years of probation?

Warminster, PA |

I am on parole right now. I already pay my restituion and courts fees. I would like to cut my 3 years probation.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can file a petition with the Court to either convert your probation to non-reporting or to terminate supervision altogether. Usually, your probation officer has to be in agreement to this type of request. I would also point out that you usually have to serve 1/2 of your probation to even consider doing this.

The above is a general answer but should not be considered specific legal advice for your case. If you would like to discuss the particular problem you are facing, please contact Geoffrey Hood, Esquire at (215) 639-4400


I agree with Attorney Hood. Whether or not you would be successful with having the probation cut down would depend on many things. Primarily, the opinion of the PO will certainly have an impact on the court. Further, in some counties, the DA may also need to consent and ultimately the Judge would have to approve same.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice and it does not create an attorney/client relationship. More importantly, the information contained in this answer should not be relied on. You should consult an attorney who practices in the relevant area of the relevant jurisdiction.


Before the Court would even consider doing anything with the sentence, you must pay off all your restitution and costs. It is suggested that you come to our office for a free consult. I'm a former prosecutor and would be glad to meet you. Call us at 610-449-1400.